Journey K8 supports students to utilize their flexible learning styles in making deeper, more intentional, meaningful, and real world learning experiences. We encourage students to apply their personal and creative educational passions.
Clubs and Electives
Students at Journey K8 will have the opportunity to participate in a variety of clubs and elective courses.
Why Students Like Journey K8
Here are just a few things our students have shared what they like about our school:
- Can school at home
- Don’t have to get up at a certain time
- Can school in pajamas
- Can retake a quiz or test for a better score
- Can take learning anywhere and everywhere
- Can work at my own pace
- Not overcrowded
- Meet teacher online if need help
- Easier to manage workload
- More independence of what and when learn each day
- The Hub
- TIme to participate in other activities
- Know everyone’s face and who they are
- Monthly excursions
- Make friends easier
- Teachers are really nice and always there to help
- Mentally and physically healthier
- Convenient schedule
Voice and Choice
- Less stress
- Math used to be confusing- now I love math!
- More interaction and support from teachers
- Don’t have to work 6 hours straight everyday
Social Emotional Learning
Students at Journey K8 utilize the RULER curriculum which teaches students to Recognize, Understand, Label, Express, and Regulate their emotions. RULER was developed at the Yale Center for Emotional Intelligence, and provides essential “soft skills” for teaching and learning.